Wednesday, July 27, 2016

iteacher imother

I have been a mother for 26 years. I have been a teacher for 15 years. The two are not exclusive persona's. In fact the two are very much inclusive roles I inhabit. I do not call my students, students I call them my kids. I see my children succeed and struggle academically and I recognize their persistence and withdrawal in my students. I refuse to become stagnate and complacent. I thrive on new ideas, even if they are not applicable. I search for ways to bring technology and forward thinking into my classroom. I am now on Twitter and following many excellent and inspirational leaders in the field of education.

This is my first blog post. I am not sure anyone will read this or follow me, but I will persist in my goal of becoming more socially active in the field of education. I am going to keep some goals and write about how I accomplish them in my classroom. They might be simple or complex, frustrating and rewarding but I am going to do my best to achieve them and document my progress.

Goals for the 2016-2017 year:

1. Stay focused and interactive on Twitter (EDUCHAT) and blogging.
2. I am going to bring more consistent student podcasting into my classroom.
3. I am going to use backward design and plan more collaboratively with my team.
4. I am going to talk to every student at least once a week through one-on-one progress discussions.
5. I am going to enhance my Makerspace and use it in every lesson.

more to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...