Thursday, July 28, 2016

The "Hacker" Mindset in Education

Just had a great Twitter conversation about the "Hacker" mindset in education. I enjoyed sharing some ideas and learning about some new ways to really step off the beaten path and lead by example. It is so important to try new things and brave the unknown. If it is beneficial for students, take the risk, Be okay with the notion you might fail. #TchLIVE educators thank you for allowing me to learn from your great expertise.

In order for a school to have a positive and infectious culture there must be investment from all members including parents and students. When teachers are passionate and fearless they can bring about change and innovation leading the school to new heights.

My goal is to step back and let the students be hackers in the classroom too. My tinker space will be open for them to create new ideas for assessments and lessons too. I want students invested in their education and not be bystanders in it. I will allow for flexible seating, student input in the set up of desks including my new standing desks, and give students a voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...