Saturday, August 13, 2016

Checking in with Myself

This is my daily why not use it. It will not be for negativity, complaining, or social media discussion. It is a place for reflection, calmness, and peace. As a mom, wife, teacher I encounter many situations where stress and a negative attitude can take hold. I have chosen to take the path of self-confidence and positivity. I have chosen to write down my simple ideas so that I can look back and remember when I made this choice. To remind me everyday that positivity and love come from happiness within not from others. This blog is to help me see the things in my life that I need to accept and adapt to because I do not control my surroundings and I can not change everything. I can only accept and adapt. I will be responsive not reactive. I will be a listener a comforter a sole counselor. 


It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.


I have read a lot of Dalai Lama books. Each one is beautiful and practical. I meditate. I wish I had the determination to do yoga. But honestly it isn't for me. But I do meditate. The dark, silence, is comforting and it helps me close my day with calmness. I seek calmness at the end of the day. I breathe in through my nose slowly 1..2..3..4.. and then breathe out slowly through my mouth 1..2..3..4.. four times every time I feel stressed. It calms me actually. I thought it was silly at first, but it works, For a headache, an upset stomach, the last straw moment before the kids push me over the edge. It works. imom, iwife, iteacher. Not a complicated person. Not a social person. I strive to be me. To follow my own path. To quietly grow and help others and find my way to enlightenment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...