Saturday, June 3, 2017

Knowing How is Only Part of It

Listening to my children in the car, all my children, my daughter and my four sons discussing video games and strategy. "Knowing how is only part of it, its making it works that count." I pondered on this statement. How can we make sure this is true in our classrooms? So I went through all my photos of my students this year, all the problem-solving, STEM, authentic activity, collaborative assessments and debates, Edcamps, summits, conferences, create-your-own labs, 1-minute check-in's and makerspace fun. It was like a year in review. So tomorrow after I have had a day to calm and for the realization my school year has ended has sunk in, that my son just graduated high school has formally met my frantic brain, I will write a blog called my year in review. A reflective piece on what worked and what didn't this year.

Tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...