Thursday, June 1, 2017

Is the year really over?

What a day, trying not to cry. These students were amazing this year. My guinea pigs trying out all my crazy ideas, willingly. I am such a better teacher for having such and amazing group of students to learn from. I learned so much from them, they were willing to be very honest and give me constructive feedback this led to some very deep thoughts and eventual revamping and more of a student-centered classroom. Dissecting frogs the last day of school- a risk I know- I asked them so was it good to do this the last day?

"Yes, I want to learn everything I can from you up until the last bell. " Best comment ever.

"Thank you for never being "done" for the year and keeping your class active and engaging up until the end."

I am so truly thankful because I love the positive comments and feedback as well as the constructive. I am thankful that they provide me honest feedback.

"I wish we could have chilled and watched a movie like the rest of the classes did."

"I would have preferred to just chill."

but 90% of my students were happy and relieved that they got toi end the year with a bang and not a whimper.

Ultimately, me too.    BANG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...