Monday, January 3, 2022

One Million #3

You hear a number like a million- 1,000,000 and it seems too huge to quite fathom. My #OneWord2022 fathom- I wondered how I could get it incorporated into my blogs for awhile and there it is. When I was growing up millionaires were few and far between and now billionaires out number those millionaires of old. It is a number we tend to hear about with finance or budgets- not people. 

In 24 hours the United States has 1,000,000 new cases of Covid-19 reported. So the number is definitely larger. But that number was so huge I thought- it can't be right. I know the holidays sparked some maybe lackadaisical protocols, but a million new cases reported? So I listened to the NPR article and went to the CDC site- both confirmed. They say it will increase now that students are back to school. Just mind numbing.

In my mind there is an end. But, it is like winning the lottery- a far fetched dream that you hold on to when the jackpot winning becomes in the triple millions or billions. Most don't even consider buying a ticket, if it is a million or less. Crazy right? When did a million dollar jackpot become a -not worth it ticket? But a million new Covid-19 cases in 24 hours? That should make us Americans quake in our boots.

Jimmy Fallon with two vaccines and a booster got it. Several members of my family- me included most likely had it- although I stayed home and didn't test. The symptoms were there- they were mild due to my coverage but- it was a horrible few days. It is creeping in almost every nook of this global community. It seems to be taking hold again- digging in deep for the winter months. Stay safe my friends. Stay healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...