Saturday, January 1, 2022

And Just Like That.... (#1)

Looking back the year was not 365 days of blissful opportunity or even keeled circumstances. It was tumultuous- a winter freeze in Houston- bringing down our ceiling and flooding our house. It was a relentless month and a half looking for a new house in Albuquerque- many homes being bought from under us. It was saying good bye to friends in Katy ISD. But it was also, meeting new friends and starting at a new school, in a new home town.

The year began with the weight of Covid-19 and political events still haunting us a year later. A new president, a new outlook- but a heaviness that never abated. It still feels foggy and tight. There is still an uncertainty, a deep seeded fear most of us are carrying around. Weather disasters and violence, wild fires and blizzards. Climate is relentless. But so is the human spirit. As much as we get knocked down- we rise, we keep going.

2020 is a new calendar year, but for me it is not a cleanse, tabula rasa, new beginning. It is more of an awakening- to watch the dawn each morning creep in from the darkness that preceded it- is morning. To become more aware, set intentions and accept the road blocks is part of the change over. To not get frustrated and downtrodden over the unavoidable will not be my plight of this next chapter. I believe in the fathom of it all. My #OneWord2022. To unravel and make sense of things. To have to hear things and see things and analyze things before I make a decision- that is my goal.

I started this 2022 very sick in bed. Stomach flu. It was a strange few days of delirium and fever. It was sweats and fatigue. Dizziness and extreme migraine. And while I slept I had dreams of excitement about being well, but was also cursed by nightmares of heft and confinement in my haze of illness. But now, as I stir back to cognizance- I write my first 2022 blog. 

I will write 365 in a row- because the last two times I completed this task- I felt more connected, more focused, more aware. That is my intention. To find more ways to be more focused and more aware- mindful. And just like that....a year has ended and another has begun. But in my bubble, it did not start with fanfare and reverie- but sleep at the end of a horrible flu. But to be honest- New Years has never been my favorite holiday- always to much pressure to party- and I am a homebody.

I hope New Years Eve was what you needed it to be. That your year started with excitement and confetti. I hope you find your path, whatever it is. My path is education, my path is writing, my path is family. My fathom and focus is there. I do not write resolutions or goals- that sets an expectation which I do not want. I create intentions because intentions fluctuate and merge into new ones and this I appreciate and enjoy. For I have intentions that created new routes on which I now find myself.

And just like that.... blog #1 of blogs 1-365. I hope you read them all and decide to join in the blogging bubble- it is rewarding.

Most of my blogs will be about education. But some mindfulness and others balance and family life. But I hope they all resonate with you. 

Happy New Year to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I was in bed for new years eve. Thank you migraine and sinuses. Wishing us both a smoother New Year!

    ReplyDelete

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...