Thursday, June 25, 2020

Just Reflection (177)

So much to read. So much to watch, listen to. Social media is a frenzy of ideas, strategies and book chats. Podcasts, virtual camps, chats and blogs. We are sitting within a gorgeous, colorful, vibrant mosaic of hacks, education, mindfulness and voices- such articulate and inspiring voices. I thumb through Twitter, visit blogs, listen to podcasts and I am just overwhelmed at the amount of fantastic information. What a world we live in indeed.

Today I am framing out my series of podcasts- https://soundcloud.com/melissachouinard-jahant
I have some amazing educators who have volunteered to come speak with me on my podcast. I am really excited.

I am framing out my series of blogs- I am going to have one (on-going) on iteacherimother.blogspot.com  all about Digits to Digital- Turning in class lessons and activities into a virtual experience. Also a series on practicalrebellion.blogspot.com about preparing for the next school year with classroom hacks and homethinking, mindfulness activities to bring together all aspects of education as we move forward.

I am continuing to read amazing books- albeit I have not participated in #bookcamppd I am reading the books. Time just gets away from me. But, I am also reading amazing books on society, relationships and education. I set time aside to read for two hours a day.

I just finished a Zoom STEAM summer camp- on July 6th I will be teaching in another one, this time for junior high. It is all about inventions. I am learning so much about Zoom, its very cool. I feel more confident in using it and will be integrating it more into my virtual classroom in the fall.

I am taking professional development courses on Nearpod, Flipgrid, Canvas, Google Classroom not to mention gifted education and science hacks. I love learning and am making sure to sign up for some amazing on-line learning opportunities. I am also completing a Happiness course on Coursera, its free and very inspiring and motivating.

I guess- I am busy. But, I like to stay busy. It keeps me sane in a very uncertain world. I write blogs every day, and sometimes, like today- its just about reflection. Reflection is one of the keys to contentment and happiness. For when we take the time to assess ourselves, we recognize our need for growth, our daily successes and we create some awesome intentions and goals.

So today- just reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...