Thursday, February 20, 2020

An Honor, Humbled, Recognition (51)

Tonight I received an award. PTA Lifetime Member Award. I was told I had won a few weeks ago, tonight there was a Founder's Day Banquet, for all of the recipients. There are just under 5,600 teachers in Katy and tonight 50 were honored with this award. Very humbling.




Our PTA president also gave us beautiful bouquets and the district a gold pin. A wonderful dinner, great conversation and an award. What a fantastic night. My first ever award as a teacher. So I am truly honored and humbled and thankful. Plus our PTA president I found out tonight is one of my students parents.

Very cool. A night I will remember. Remember to keep doing what I am doing what I love. Even though I feel a lot of the time, I am under the radar, I go unnoticed. I found out tonight- I was wrong.


What was it for?

It is a big honor to receive this award.  It is given to people who have demonstrated commitment to the ideals of PTA.  "Making every child's potential a reality".  A committee chooses parents and staff each year to give the award.  Your HUGE commitment to Quiz Bowl as well as Nat Geo Bee, Science Bowl and your fabulous teaching of science has not gone unnoticed.

Thank you for all you do!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...