Monday, September 26, 2016

Courage

a feeling
the trickle of fear, worry
will I succeed, will I be accepted by my peers
courage
I will attempt
I will take a deep breath and open my eyes
face the uncertainty
knowing
I will be alright if I
fail
I will dust myself off
I will continue to push the limits
toward innovation

a thought
it crosses my mind at first
fleeting
but then it grabs hold of my
attention
forcing me to replay
it over and over in my mind
until I face it, hear it
embrace it
doubt
becomes
courage

the fear of isolation
the silence after success
the humble realization of
lack of importance
a bustling landscape of self-centered ideas
a stampede of forward-thinking individuals all
searching for their own successes
a cog in a very giant machine
a grain of sand on a pristine beach
feel insignificant
courage persists

Bright eyed, eager children
smiles
open-minds
seeking the road signs to lead them
to their own thinking
to their own path
significance
importance
innovation
self-discovery
let go of the reigns and
let them have the freedom to explore
scaffold
inspire
collectively accomplish
courage




No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...