Monday, December 12, 2016

Blog 365 My Personal Quest for a Year of Blog Posts

This is my 123 blog post. 123 days of consecutive posts. I joined Blog 365 last summer and on August 24th my journey began. I have kept my pace and written every day. Often tired after a long day, sometimes writing two posts when I have a sudden burst of inspiration. But every day I have written and posted. Writing has brought me focus. It has forced me to reflect in a way I have never done before. Not many read my posts but the few that do have inspired me to keep my focus on education, as it is an education blog for the most part. They have also made me determined to be creative and open-minded keeping my students at the forefront of my reflection. I have come up with many new ideas by simply writing. After 123 days I am even more inspired to keep going. To reach my goals of putting the last period in my blog post on August 24, 2017. But to continue my journey after that because writing has become a passion for me, personal, and reflective.

Ideas often flow onto the blank white canvas, After I write free flow for about 15 minutes I stop and go back and edit trying to keep my thoughts in sync. Some posts are similar in topic to previous posts but I try to come up with new topics from my PD like CAST and Edcamps. My growth mindset has expanded tremendously. I am submersing myself more educational books and reading more educational blogs. Both which further inspire me. My classroom has altered in fabulous ways because I learn new things on Voxer and Twitter but also because as I write I am inspired by simply letting my mind wander. Seeing the big picture. If you do not write a blog or keep a journal you should start, I do both. My journal being more personal and introspective. But together they bring together random thoughts and out comes innovative ideas.

My one-minute chats came out while I was free-flow writing. When I went back and reread my blog I was amazed. I was like that is interesting. How do I implement it now? More writing and introspective and now after 5 weeks of one-minute check in's I have even deeper and stronger relationships with my students. It is probably the best idea I have had in my fifteen years of teaching. All because I just let the words flow and the ideas meander in. My mind is a river and the words ebb and tide. My thoughts trickle and flow but eventually they pool and thus my blog. I hope that they are not boring or trite. They are truthful and personal. They are me and my hope is that I can inspire someone to step outside of any box they may be in and try new things and innovate because every student deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...