Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Day

Starbucks is a treat we get on Christmas Eve. Most of the time we get up to the window and the person in front of us has paid it forward. I pay it forward too, only a few times the car behind me had like 50.00 in coffee so I paid it forward by what my order would have cost. Today my daughter was the driver and when she went to hand them my phone, my gold account is on my phone, yes I get a lot of Starbucks, it had already been paid. She was so dumb founded she said thank you and pulled forward in the line only to realize maybe we should have paid it forward too. I told her no worries it happens sometimes and maybe we can pay it forward in a different way. With Starbucks it is common place lets go do it somewhere else.

Going through a drive-thru where it may not be a a purchase of a treat without any financial strain to one of necessity, where it is food for the family. So we went to Albertsons and after getting our gallon of milk and log for the fireplace, we paid for the cart of groceries for a family behind us, kids in toe. It was awesome. We paid and then left quickly before they realized we had. We didn't have a total so we estimated but I think we got it covered. I hope that it was their Christmas dinner, ham and potatoes etc. and that not having to cover the meal they could go and get a few more presents for their children or at least pay a bill.

This year something similar happened for me and my family. A donors choose personal account, hidden away, but found by one of my students parents, yielded what we needed to pay our back bills and get back on our feet. It was literally a Christmas miracle. So every little thing we can do to improve the lives of those around us, we will. Pay it forward not only in monetary circumstances but in thoughts and prayers as well because a positive outlook can make the difference. A smile can change the outlook of those around you. A simple gesture of kindness, word of gratitude or love, forgiveness and cheer are what truly make Christmas a holiday. Not the presents but the emotion and positivity that spreads, hopefully inspiring others to do the same. Love thy neighbor, and cherish every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...