Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017: A New Vision, A Simple Solution

I have never been one for New Year's resolutions, not because I do not set goals but because I set them all the time and thus just because it is January 1st doesn't mean I need to or am ready to set new goals. But I do take a lot of time reflecting on the previous year and looking deeply at the mistakes and failures I have had and the success stories too. Each year of my life has had both. I have struggled financially, socially at times (I am slightly anti-social) I lack the outgoing personality needed to get out there and party with people. I often feel awkward around people so I tend to stay to myself most of the time or at home with my family.

Twitter for me was one of the best things I have done socially, it was for professional growth, but socially too I suppose, ever. I feel confident on Twitter and Voxer. I have been writing my blog since July, every day because I am participating in Blog365. It has been a challenge some days but I make myself write everyday. It is important to me to reflect and write every day. It keeps me focused. These last two weeks off I have mainly been focused on writing about family, but have been slowly transitioning back into the educator role. I love teaching, every day I wake up feeling blessed that I get to do what I do. Days may be challenging and frustrating and even just a bummer, but I meditate and by the end of the day I feel blessed that I am a teacher.

A simple solution to staying on track is to keep writing my blog and writing in my journal. I am writing a novel/screenplay about growing up with Dyslexia in the 1980's with my eccentric group of high school friends. I will continue to write that as well as begin what I am hoping will be a novel about teaching and the experiences I had educationally as a child and how I became a teacher and the steps I take to make sure what happened in my educational past will not happen to any one else. So my goal for 2017 is to keep writing, keep Tweeting, Voxing and blogging. I would also like to create a podcast for my classroom colliding with science but also one on teaching. I want to grow every day, to get myself into the uncomfortable spots so I have to discover new ways to push myself. That is the ultimate goal for me as a teacher and as a person: growth, expansion of thought, learning from others, never feeling stagnate or trapped because the paths to enlightenment are endless and I want to travel them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...