Wednesday, August 19, 2020

And...So...It Begins (232)

 I have been posting blogs for the last week or so. I just decided not to Tweet them out. I guess I wanted to stay under the radar, just hibernate in my anxiety cave for awhile. Today was the first day of....

  • school
  • synchronous virtual classes
  • classes of 45 (KVA- virtual for the quarter)
  • classes of 12 (intermittent)
It was a crazy day. We lost our LMS and internet for awhile. Schedules were wrong or students couldn't figure out where to go and at what time. Synchronous, we followed a bell schedule. Lots of emails: parents, students, parents and students. Parents sat next to their children during the Zoom meetings, sometimes. Other times kids missed them entirely.

My smart-board was full of beautiful faces, more than fit the screen. It was good to meet them but in a class of 45 it was barely enough time to introduce myself. I will use breakout rooms moving forward. We talked about mindfulness and watched a video. I had them write reflections live on Canvas. I have two computers so I could see them on Zoom and in Canvas.

There are logistics to tackle and timing to pin down- but all in all it was a good day. But, I am exhausted. It was a crazy day. But looking forward to working out the kinks and getting down to the nuts and bolts of learning science.

I think I need a few more days in my cave before I get back on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...