Wednesday, August 5, 2020

imovie is a Wondrous App (218)

I like to make quick video clips. montages. I like to create mini-vid's of classroom directions or lab requirements too. But those are simple to do in Canvas or on my phone. Just click record. But, I wanted to make a trailer. A fun way to introduce 7th grade science. Seeing as we are starting virtually, I though some fun would be nice to launch us with. 

I played with different free apps- they were complicated. I have an iphone but a PC. So I tried all the PC apps. They were not what I was looking for. Then I remembered imovie. I do not generally create movies on my phone. Small screen etc. But after trying and not liking so many apps, I went for it. There is a template called trailer and low and behold, just snip videos off you tube and then slice them in. So easy.

I plan on using it every week to just have a little more fun with the quick 3-5 minute catch ups in my class and the introduction to the week clips. I got frustrated, it took time to find the clips I wanted, to clip each segment so it flowed. All in all it took an hour. But it was worth it.

Here is the link to my first ever imovie

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...