Sunday, March 8, 2020

It Pings Off, Leaving Only an Echo (67)

A scanning system, sophisticated. Tracking. Giant green circles, spaces between. Searching, a grid both specific and broad. The only way to find - is to send out electromagnetic waves. Giant antenna transmitting, receiving. Processing, determining. Honing in. Pinging, pinging, pinging- until it locks on.

Then it is lost, non-permanence. Mobility. Others seek - yet their gaze, pings off of me, leaving only an echo. I was there, now I'm here. Keep up. Like a torpedo, I travel fast. Both mentally and physically. Seems I am always in a hurry.

I have sonar, radar- always on high alert. Who is going to come within proximity of me? Who is going to address me? Talk to me. Expect a conversation. I walk fast, maybe to avoid the ping. I hunker, isolated, maybe to avoid the knock. I stay in my head, maybe to avoid the acoustics of others.  

Too many voices, shatters my bubble. Ping- sent out to locate. It bounces off others, leaving an echo. I am relieved. I have locked on a target- my quiet, classroom. Lights dimmed. Giant Green Circles, spaces between, yet the focus is on the hallway. 

I am out of range.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...