Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Pontificating (70)

I can get on my soap box. Its a crate, sturdy and strong. I can evangelize about mindfulness and the beauty of the world. I can moralize and dogmatize. I have been known to preach to the choir. But mostly I address my social bubble with my thoughts. Hoping to inspire. Yet, sometimes I might admonish a bit.

I am aware of my prose being long winded at times. Especially while I am writing every day for a year. This is 76 of 365. I tend to say what I feel. Mean what I say. Yet, I hold back out of fear of others giving sermon to me. I know of this world and it is not a forgiving one.

Pontificating just now, this moment. You might be reading this. You might be unaware of my rants and whispers of hope and freedom. Yet, I continue to do so. It is not for you, but for me. If I do not get the words out- the blogs written- the ideas out into the ether, I will go mad. I am a mad hatter whose millinery is manuscription.

Believe me when I say- like a painter with a brush or a sculptor with their clay- I must write. The words are screaming in my head, until they are typed or written out longhand. I am in a constant dance of jot, scribble and transcribe. I must keep track of the thoughts, I carry a journal. This is my mind in a nutshell.

Pontificating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...