Saturday, December 12, 2020

Mindfulness Molecules (347)

This last week I searched high and low for the rapid firing electrons of energy. 

The energetic radiant photons, the positively charged protons of mindfulness. 

I tried to latch on to as many as I could find. I turned my power level to magnetic- allowing them to attach themselves to me- level me up. I needed to find moments of mindfulness around me. I myself was not upset, or sad. I was not frustrated or depressed. I was simply drained.

This is the time of year, in normal circumstances, is a time where everyone is feeling run down and ready for winter break. But in 2020 it is amplified. 

It is finals, it is finishing a semester- rapid grading, reviewing, and settling in for a week of tests. A week of mandatory exams.

Trying to keep it festive with some holiday music. A few candy canes and group interaction. But the weight of it all is heavy. Students are feeling the heft of expectation in a time when we have all been isolated. 

Staying positive, cause that is me. 

Staying calm, cause that is me.

What we put out into our classrooms, what we emanate - spreads like wild fire. So all those photons, protons and waves of positivity- they are gaining momentum and next week- splash.....riding the wave all the way to holiday break.



No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...