Friday, January 12, 2018

How Can I, as an Educator, Truly Balance Twitter, Work and Home?: Snip It #5

Finding balance: difficult. Prioritizing: easy. Staying organized and on top of things: easier. Sleeping and relaxing: the most difficult for me. This has been a challenge for me, ever since I got on Twitter and started my blog. Every day I want to write a blog, send meaningful Tweets and like and re-Tweet other, awesome posts. I even host two of my own chats, albeit small ones. I like the fact that they are small, but it takes time to set them up and run them.

I meditate a lot, if I didn't, I think I would lose my mind. I accept the chaotic, hustling of my life with open arms. My afternoons are Quiz Bowl, National Geographic Bowl and Future City. My Monday, Wednesday and Saturday's are at the STEAM center helping with robotics. So when I say chaotic and hustling, I mean it. During any down time, I ferociously grade papers, read and attempt to relax. Somehow, every week, I get everything done. One thing I am good at, is time-management. One thing I need to improve upon, is taking time for myself, eating healthy and getting some exercise.

My balance is generally found, at the end of the week. Sunday, a day I don't work and where I have decided, not to grade or complete school work. A day, I even tend to stay off Twitter. My day. Family time. This is when I unwind and play board games, with my children, read a great book, write, draw and yes, take a nap. I have been struggling with letting things go, not mentoring so many clubs, working more hours, beyond my school day, but I don't. I can't NOT do, what I have accepted as my contribution, all I can do is juggle and hopefully, all the balls, will land safely, in my hands. Somehow, they usually do, with the occasional straggler, that rolls away. "There it goes, do I chase it? Nah, I have plenty more, where that came from."

How Can I, as an Educator, Truly Balance Twitter, Work and Home? Answer: One day at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...