Saturday, January 20, 2018

Snip It #13 A Quick Post- Hindsight Can Be Brief

I began writing my Snip It #13 today, but it turned into a long one. A story just flowed out of me. I heard a simple joke and it turned into a piece. One of running across something, so cavernous and scary, we stop in our tracks. That even with friends around us, we hesitate to peer inside. This has happened to me a lot lately, albeit, without friends around me. Seeing a place, others dare, to traverse, and getting near the edge. Only to halt and stare. I am working on being the one to ascend, into the crevasse, rope around me.

My instinct is to toss down an anvil and wait to hear the thud. I need to know how far I have to go. Although, I often can't find an anvil, only a rock. The pebble may create a ripple on the pond, but in a deep, dark, cavern, it is basically useless. For me it is finding the right tool or strategy and then taking the leap toward growth. In hindsight, I guess, I could have just written this, but the story just flowed out. Sometimes it is hard to hold in the words. So, thus today, a quiet Saturday, a first for me in forever, I wrote two posts. To keep my 30 day Snip It's alive and also to be free of my prose.

If you read it, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OneWord2023- Plant

Humus, soil, Earth- the substance that brings fertility and nourishment. Home to decomposers, revitalizers and care-givers. The foundation f...